Are you struggling to find the right performance evaluation phrases for annual review? You’re not alone! Many managers struggle to categorize and effectively appraise their direct reports. The key to getting it right is to use a couple of standard categories which can be applied to any industry sector or role.
The following phrases and categories form the basic structure for most appraisals (brief sample phrases are included for informative purposes):
- Creativity in the workplace: She has always exhibited the ability to turnaround problems rapidly using novel solutions. She has improved the various work processes and operational procedures used by our team in the group.
- Handling stress: He handles crisis situations in a mature and levelheaded way. He never loses his temper even when customers are highly agitated.
- Being professional: She always has a respectful and professional attitude when dealing with customers and clients. She maintains and builds different working relationships both internally with colleagues and externally with clients who purchase our products.
- Attendance/time management: He is always punctual for work. He is capable of managing his own time effectively to ensure the timely delivery of work and solutions. He encourages better time management techniques in those he is mentoring and working alongside.
- Good communications: He is capable of open and respectful communications whether in e-mail communications, phone calls or face-to-face discussions. He encourages effective communication in the workplace of all direct reports and 360° feedback for all levels.
- Being a leader/building teams: She commands the respect of all direct reports and proves to be an inspiration for their work ethic. She insists on collaborative involvement within the teams to solve problems. She always appreciates the contributions made by hard-working individuals.
The combination of performance evaluation phrases that you use will depend upon the role which the person is involved with. Some types of employment put more emphasis on specific categories and phrases which are crucial to the effective running and performance of these roles.
- 4 Tips To Help You Secure The Ideal Contract Job (capturedtech.com)
- How can a business get most benefit from a conference call? (fastswings.com)
Top 6 Major Categories For Performance Evaluation Phrases by Steve